4th order enclosure for 2x Hertz HX300D - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th December 2012, 10:05 PM   #1
grakka is offline grakka  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Default 4th order enclosure for 2x Hertz HX300D

Heya!

I just bought a Audi A4 sedan with some car audio stuff included. The front system is doing well but the subwoofers is currently playing alone in the trunk in a 19L sealed isobaric box.

The subs are two Hertz HX300d.
Specs: http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/Doc/pdf_hx300d.pdf

Powered by two Hertz HDP1.
Specs: http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/Doc/h...1_tech_eng.pdf

I want to build a 4th order bandpass enclosure to add more bass into the coupe. I have no idea of how to calculate a bandpass enclosure and i've been trying most of the free box calculators and all of them gives me weird boxsizes thats not realistic, as example 5L closed + 7L vented for 2 of these 12" woofers in isobaric, and its of course impossible to fit any of these woofers inside a box with that volume.

There aint any hatch behind the backseat armrest so the port of the box cant be placed at the center of the car, so the box cant be symmetric. The original bose car audio system have a 8" woofer mounted to the left in the hatrack and thats the only way the port can come into the coupe without mashing the hatrack or backseat. The wooferbox need to be a 4th order BP and since i have two of these woofers and amps i would like to use them all. Either in a push-pull or pull-pull isobaric with the vented box to the left. The trunk size is about 100L. Width 100cm, height 45cm, lower depth 43cm and higher depth 26cm.

Any suggestions on boxdesign and how i could make this possible? I would prefer tuning down to 30hz.

Thanks in advance!
Old 16th December 2012, 05:45 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

If you don't get a reply here, try posting in one of the speaker forums.
Old 21st December 2012, 09:24 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grakka View Post
Heya!

I want to build a 4th order bandpass enclosure to add more bass into the coupe.
Any suggestions on boxdesign and how i could make this possible? I would prefer tuning down to 30hz.

Thanks in advance!
Hi man,

you won't increase bass for sure with 4th especially under 30hz 'cause you have wrong woofers.

Let's try a "normal" ported box, with tuning higher than 30hz, trust me.

Hide this!Advertise here!