Alpine 7618 changer compatibility - 5970?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am not familiar with these head units and changers. I asked a friend and this was his reply:

The 7618 has a DIN input and an RCA input for the CD changer. If the changer being used has a “one step” DIN connector (no RCA outputs) then a 4913 adapter would need to be used. According to the Alpine literature from 1994 an adapter is not needed “when using a CD Shuttle equipped with an 8-pin DIN cable only (5957, 5952V)”. The book does not have a cd changer compatibility chart that I can see. The best part of the 7618 is that it is one of only two head units (1310 tuner is the other) that can control the 3681 digital processor. With that processor you want to choose a changer that has an optical digital output such as the 5957s or 5959s.

changers

I did find this link to a listing of changer compatibility- but I am not sure how accurate it is. It also leaves off at least one changer model (5970). The 4913 is no longer made, and I can't seem to find another version of it made by the major cable suppliers. I would like to find one, as I could pick up some of these old school changers fairly cheaply and could try them.

http://www.mindrealm.net/imagebank/alp_clist.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.