P50N06 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do you think P50N06 St to 220 Transistor MOSFET N Channel 60V | eBay these would work apposed to my ST W540 Malaysia P50N06? Well im trying to figure out this Urban amp im working on im having a few problems i tried a 2 - K1420 replacement transistors in the amp and the led lit up for 1 sec and i heard something fry so i removed the transistors only to find out 1 was fried also im unsure about the output transistors also im unsure about what was originally in the amp cause i cant find a schematic i just assumed the it was just missing the 1 P050n06 cause thats what was right next to it also the output transistor have no part numbers on the transistors so i can not check the data sheet the whole amp only has a total 12 transistors im assuming 2 are for the power regulator the other 2 are for the power driver and the other 8 are for the output

Hi Perry
How r u? Well one of the transistor in the power supply is missing the transistor that was next to the missing slot was the ST W540 Malaysia P50N05 So with it being inline with the empty slot in the board im guessing it would be the same transistor on the other side of the power supply i have a transistor that is >-< current flow for the transistor and right next to that one the symbol on the transistor shows <-> im not the greatest when it comes to the power supply transistor im better with the Output Transistors im trying to learn just like the Output transistors if theres 4 transistors there 2 that are N Channel and 2 transistors that are P Channel im assuming i know i shouldnt be doing that but im guessing the symboled transistors <-> >-< would be the Voltage regulator transistors and the transistor im looking for is the power driver for the bi polar transistors correct me if im wrong

I tried replacing the ST W540 Malaysia P50N05 transistor with a k1420 and i placed one in the empty slot just some transistors laying around i had was in the same location as the transistor setup on this board so i thought i would try them fused and 12volt 1a power supply and even with that it didnt blow the fuse it took out of k1420 transistors within a second so im assumming my current matching was way off

Post a photo of the board.

What are the part numbers on the output transistors.

<-> and >-< aren't transistors, they're rectifiers. This is covered on the basic amp repair page. Please read it, even the parts that you feel are irrelevant.

By 'power driver' do you mean power supply FET driver transistors? I don't know if you're too lazy to type it out (like r and u) or simply don't know what they're called.

The Output Transistors dont have any numbers on them its the first transistor ive come acrossed without numbers on them im sure i could get a picture for you. So i was wrong about the <-> >-< sorry i told you im not familiar with the power supply transistors and Rectifiers although from what i have seen in small amps theres usually only 2 1 of each in the power supply area of the circuit board and 2 'power driver' power supply FET driver transistors that operate the small Bi-polar transistors through out the circuit board im trying to learn alright sorry if im not explainning everything right im know some and i am awesome when it comes to soldering

No theres no compound on the top of the output transistors i had the heatsinks off earlier i even looked at them real close under light and different angles if there was numbers on the transistors at one time i sure didnt see any signs of them here the circuit board hope the pictures are acceptable also i have read the pages a few times i guess ill have to read it later when im bored and its quite so i can try to intake all the information and make sure i store it alot of useful information by the way im still lost with how to test the bi polar transistors and the different types do you have a link to that page ? Isnt there special way of testing those transistors?

Heres some pictures of the board im working its all been reassembled i dont like leaving amps lay around with out the screws being all put back together the screws always find a away to get up and walk away

Attachments

• IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    988.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    676.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0463.JPG
    IMG_0463.JPG
    976.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    592.1 KB · Views: 46
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.