Rockford Fosgate type RF X7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, I have RF X7 board number PC-3758-H

The amp powers up and idles fine, no DC on output terminals, and is not in protect.

I tested for output and the output is very low and viewing it through the scope it is low as well and intermittant. I messed with the gain knob and it spikes to full rail on the output terminal when turning the gain pot and the gain pot does not increase the output.

I am going to switch out the gain pot to a new one but my question is, could the pot being shorted or bad cause this symptom or is there something else I might look over as well?

Pic #1 of main board and #2 the little control board on which I think the problem is?

Attachments

• TYPE RF X7C amp pics 004.jpg
    TYPE RF X7C amp pics 004.jpg
    1,020.4 KB · Views: 191
  • X7 control board 001.jpg
    X7 control board 001.jpg
    993.3 KB · Views: 189
OK Perry bare with me here I have been attempting to read schematics again.

U2 and U3 have 11 vdc on their outputs.........so...............

Signal enters U1 from pins 2&3 and 5&6, then leaves U1 througn pins 1&7 which have no DC.

Enters U2 pins 2&3 out pin 1 to pins 5&6 then out pin 7.

U2 has 11 vdc on pins 1&7

Enters U3 pins 2&3 leaves pin 1 to pins 5&6 then out pin 7.

U3 has 11 vdc on pins 1&7

Enters U4 from there and U4 has no DC on output pins. So switching the infrasonic switch must enable or bypass U4 depending on switch setting?

If U4 is bypassed the switch would send DC from U2 and U3 to where ever it goes next. If U4 is enabled, why is it not getting the DC from the output pins on U3?

Where is the 11 vdc coming from on the output pins of U2 and U3?

Please read post #7 first.

I replaced U2 and U3 the amp works great, but if its not to much trouble could you give a few answers fro, post 7? Was I close on reading the schematic?

I cannot believe how much power this amp has.......its like WOW!!!!

Looks like an over glorified 1500BD to me but I can sure tell a difference in output....WOW!!!!

Last edited:
Dont forget to read post #7 and #8 Perry!!!

This thing is a beast people, you would not believe the power this thing has, I am truly impressed. I have been around alot of amps and most of what I hear is what I expected but not with this one.....I was OMG!!!!

Thanks for the help Perry.

Attachments

• TYPE RF POUNDING 001.jpg
    TYPE RF POUNDING 001.jpg
    914.9 KB · Views: 165
You will have to excuse the crappy picture the lighting was horrible and flash made a wierd reflection off of the chrome.

Look at the size difference between the X6 and X7. I thought the X6 was big. The X7 dwarfs a BD1500!!!

Attachments

• X6 and X7 comparison 001.jpg
    X6 and X7 comparison 001.jpg
    976.6 KB · Views: 182
The only difference was gun metal finish and chrome finish, Rockford released very conservative ratings when these amp were first introduced but later revised their ratings to closer to what they actually put out.

The average birth sheet I have seen for these amp is between 1700-1900 watts.

The box is a corner coffee table right now, I have nothing to put it in at the moment, it also weighs in at over 400lbs so its not very moveable by yourself. With the whole box being 1 1/2" thickness, all the bracing, the subs, the resin, the led lights, the custom binding posts, and the carpet it really got heavy quick!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.