JL 500/1 C3207 Transistor equivalent?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wouldn't use the radio shack parts in this amp. I've seen too many sub-standard parts from radio shack. Order them from a reputable distributor.

The replacement for the 3207 doesn't need to be rated for 300v. The amp only has about 80v of rail so the driver won't see more than about 100v. I think I've used the KSA1220A as a sub in that location (if you can't find the original or an exact sub for the original).

You also likely have several resistors in that area that have failed. Check all of them after removing the defective driver and output transistors.

Do you have an oscilloscope?

I wouldn't use the radio shack parts in this amp. I've seen too many sub-standard parts from radio shack. Order them from a reputable distributor.

The replacement for the 3207 doesn't need to be rated for 300v. The amp only has about 80v of rail so the driver won't see more than about 100v. I think I've used the KSA1220A as a sub in that location (if you can't find the original or an exact sub for the original).

You also likely have several resistors in that area that have failed. Check all of them after removing the defective driver and output transistors.

Do you have an oscilloscope?

Thanks for the info, I dont have a oscilloscope just a very decent Multimeter. This AMP was used with a Subwoofer that had intermittent coil connection.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.