Rockford Fosgate T40001BD Repair - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd February 2013, 04:06 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Default remy tail;

Perry,

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. Turns out after replacing the FETs and replacing all the components of the 4 drive circuits it powered up and played perfectly. Thanks for all your help...

Now, for the next one.. I have another T40001BD that someone else repaired and they're work is somewhat questionable. I first opened the unit up and diode check the outputs and the powersupply chips. Everything seems fine. So i powered up the amp and everything is fine. No protect light until about 10 seconds. Amp meter on powersupply is around 1-3 amps and then jumps to 10amps. Nervously, i power down and check for hotspots. Nothing obvious, I power up again and check output voltages. I read 110v on half the outputs and then the unit goes into protect. I remove power and remove the +hv, gnd, -hv from the output board and power up. Unit stays out of protect mode now but i seem to have higher voltages from the previous amp. I am reading 184v from +hv and -hv. Does this seem normal or high? I was expecting around 120 or 110V.
Old 4th February 2013, 03:03 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

Copy and paste this into a new thread.
Old 4th February 2013, 04:30 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

new thread created.

Hide this!Advertise here!