Orion Colbalt 2100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there im new to the forum greetings BTW to everyone.

I was wondering if someone would have any ideas where I could locate a good cross reference for a ORION COBALT 2100 MOSFET Channel OUTPUT TRANSISTORS I have on the chip # as (SMW20P10) T9412AF Any help would very much be appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Im try to locate a good replacement chip for the original since i know there hard to find (SMW20P10) and pricey and i was wondering if you guys could tell me if the IRFP150 would be a good replacement for the original chip in my Cobalt 2100 circuitry i plan on just replacing them all so the values all match up which is a total of 8 of them does any one have any suggestions for me?

After verifying the Chipsets you was right sorry about that 4 of them are (SMW45N10) Chips Great so now i need to match 4 of those and 4 of the (SMW20P10) Chips to a equal value any suggestions reason im assuming there all shot is cause im seeing quite a few resistors in line with each transititor that look internally burned (brown on the inside coating of the resistor color codes those are still visible tho i plan on swapping all those out as well which those all have the same value the ones that are burned it looks like strange only those burned for each chip).

My intentions are to swap out all the Output transistors 2 types 8 chips total and also swap out the 0490-0210 chips for the power supply which there is 8 of those and swap out the the resistors which appear blown and hopefully i have a new amp but theres 3 types of transistors i need that would need to be cross referenced and all be balanced for the values of the amp any suggestions?

I dont have acces to a good camera right now theres brownish color underneath the blue film there not black and the values are still visible but theres like 4 areas and there all inline with the transistors i might be able to capture them with my phone but i can promise how clear it would be i could capture some of the black spots on the amp as well for you tho so you can see what im working with it appears someone heated this thing up pretty bad i recieved it for parts which i decided i wanted to revive it if i could for 100$ cause i have a Cobalt 230 Amp as well just needs some work done to the right Channel im thinking just a transistor on that one as well

Heres a photo of the resistors hopefully its clear enough for you

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    972 KB · Views: 55
I just finished up running a ohm test on all of the chips including the power supply chips my ranges were for power 192-199 ohms and the channel transititors leveled out at around 227 ohm and one of the chips in the corner the SMW20P10 is beeping on my meter when i run a ohm/diode check arcross the outer legs so im assuming the ones shorting all the others had ohms and did not beep

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.