Orion Colbalt 2100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
heres what i got removed the smw20p10 chip i powered up the amp i didnt have a 15 amp fuse available so i used a 10 amp fuse connected it to the amp and of course better to be safe i remounted the heatsinks back down and i have no blinking power on the led just a bright led with power i felt the chips while under power none of them were hot what would you suggest?

I also went ahead and hooked up the right channel and i had it pushing a 12inch he2 fosgate and it was sounding good so im assuming the one SMW20P10 is shot would you suggest swapping the chip from the other side and see if i could get it to work or would you just order all new replacement SMW20P10'S all 4 of them?

9140, not 9410

I'd use the non-N version. The N-version of at least one transistor caused problems that were not seen with the non-N version.

You only need matching between the parallel transistors. There is only one transistor that's in parallel with the one that failed. That means that you replace the failed one and the one in parallel with it.

sorry what i was trying to say is ive noticed on alot of amps theres identical chips in the same spots when your looking straight acrossed each other on the circuit board all the way down the board so i always assumed one side of the circuit board at the power supply chips and output transistors for the left channel and on the other side of the board there was power supply chips and output transistors for the right channel now i know not all circuit boards look that way some have all the chips for the power supply on one side of the board and on the other side you might see all the output transistors hopefully that makes sense too you sorry

Awesome thanks buddy appreciate it i have another question for you like if i remove a resistor on the board i know where it goes back but im not sure which way the value lines faced on the board does it matter which way they have to be on the board are they polarity sensitive as long as i know where the 2 holes i took them out of ?

Hey you dont work on Pioneer recievers by anychance do you cause i have a Pioneer VSX-D557 that will turn on and the display will say power off and it will automatically shut back off on me im assuming a same situation like my orion amp the power output chips are going to be shot on me? Is that what would cause it to go into protect mode?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.