Orion Colbalt 2100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
is the chips i replaced maybe not compatible with the 45n10 chips? The P chips i replaced dont seem to be getting as how as the N chips id say half as hot as those however i wouldnt think any of them should be getting hot idling the power chips both rails cold and the right output rail is bone cold as well

#84:
You're going to have to be very specific. This is technical and being vague is going to make is very difficult to help you.

What do you mean by 'one chip'?

3.47 what? volts, ohms..?

#85:
Don't refer to the transistors as chips.

The problem appears to be with one of the 45N10s because it had significant voltage across its source resistor while the others didn't. Did you read infinite resistance from leg 1 of the 45N10 to the other legs?

3.47 volts but the transistor was hot i could barely hold it however when it cooled down it started the voltage and stuck around 5.10 volts with the diode check i ran the 3 test how the site you showed me and everything seemed to be good with the other test they both matched up

I noticed the little bi polar transistors im not sure if there the driver transistors but some were hot and some of them were cool but most of them where on the side of the hot transistors you had me test there was couple that were hot tho on the good channel or is that normal since the 45n10 transistors are getting hot?

I swapped out the 45N10's from the cool side transistors and replaced them with the 2 transistors that were getting hot inlined with the 2 IRFp9140pbf transistors you suggested i use they seem to be slightly warm but not burning my fingers like the others were the bi polar transistors are still getting hot and when i connect my laptop signal to the amp the transformer coil start trickling

as for the ohms i am not getting any ohm readings through out both of the transistor either way i probe them on the pins with the diode check set to ohms when I switch the meter to diode check/ volts setting that is when I get the 5.10V # 1 transistor #2 transistor 5.25V on the meter

Post a photo of the probes on the transistor and the meter display when reading 5.1v.

What do you mean by not getting any ohms reading? Do you mean that you are reading infinite resistance or are you reading 0 ohms? You need to take the time to write in a way that can be understood. This isn't a chat room. This is technical and requires precise language.

I have no clue what post #96 means.

The underscores are pins on the transistors from left to right and the voltage readings i got with the transistors i was having problems with. As for the when i have the ohms setting on the DMM diode check im getting OL when i do all the steps take to check the transistor on the Basic transistor testing for FET page you told me to look at

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.