Rockford Fosgate Punch 800.2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Look at the sweetness I received today...lol...WOW... somebody did a real hack job here??

P/S gate resistors burned
P/S drivers shorted
P/S fets missing and a few attempted to be replaced with gobs of solder

Output have clipped and re-soldered legs
Missing and burned source resistors

Gonna start on this soon, probably wont get lucky with and easy repair on this one from what I see in the output section.

I will keep things posted up on progress!!!

Wish me luck!!!

Attachments

• ****** up 800.2 001.jpg
    ****** up 800.2 001.jpg
    982.3 KB · Views: 193
  • ****** up 800.2 002.jpg
    ****** up 800.2 002.jpg
    936.2 KB · Views: 193
WOW I didnt know that.....ha ha lol..... I had a power 800.4 a tried several months back that Perry was helping me with and I finally gave up. I just could not get the voltage off of the channel or the bias to set. I changed everything in the whole channel.

I just couldnt figure it out......so its gonna be a sweet parts board now......LOL!!!

I do have a perfectly working power 750X if you need any references let me know be happy to provide you with any info you need!!!

Looks better now that all that burned up business and globs of silver solder are gone.

I removed the remaining P/S fets and all the gate resistors and the drivers.

Gonna start fresh with this one!!!

Attachments

• Punch 800.2 clean!!! 001.jpg
    Punch 800.2 clean!!! 001.jpg
    992.4 KB · Views: 147
  • Punch 800.2 clean!!! 002.jpg
    Punch 800.2 clean!!! 002.jpg
    993.5 KB · Views: 81
They are not really available anymore, I aquired a bunch lol and I have probably a 100 or so parts boards. If you ever need any I cant gaurantee I will have it but good chance.

The only time you ever really see them messed up is if someone has tried to pry the fets off and ripped the solder pad off or they have overheated it and the ruined the solder pad. If the MESHA board pad is loose or missing it is garbage.....you can cut and patch but it looks horrible.

I have just removed them on several Rockford amps and used Kapton tape and clamps and screws like the old DSM amps used. Alot of the DSM clamps will lign up with the holes in the newer amps (2003 and older newer). The MESHA board is not a must for the amp to function.

OK powered up the supply and it powers up for 3 seconds then starts pulsing up to 40 amps current draw then to zero over and over?

Bias pots are all the way down, source resistors and output fets are removed from defective channel.

Could something in the protection circuit from the faulty channel cause this or do I have more issues in the supply?

Should I remove the rectifiers and try to power again?

I have a nice square wave on all of the gate legs of the power supply fets.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.