Rockford Fosgate Punch 800.2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One quick question before we go any further, why do I have full rail voltage on one leg of each regulator?

Well looks like one leg of the regulators are connected to the rail caps so I guess I aswered my own question?

With both regulators removed from the circuit and all the jumpers removed the amp powers up and idles fine?

Last edited:
I see it on the schematic as well, but I do not find them on the board. The only thing I see is the D3 1N4003. What is the purpose of D3?

It looks like they are directly connected to rail voltage, so how does the regulator step down the voltage for the op-amps? Since they are out of the circuit will the outputs still be enabled and the pre-amp section disabled?

D3 seems to be inline the the adjustable part of the regulators. What symptom could I expect if D3 was faulty?

D3 stops the DC on the shields from floating too high when no RCAs are plugged in. If it's shorted, the amp will work normally on the bench but will have engine noise when it's in the vehicle. I don't think that there are any serious problems if its open.

As I mentioned before, I'm using the diagram for the 2360 board. If you have the one for your board, email me a copy.

I'm not sure that I understand your question about the regulators. They are integrated circuits that are essentially an op-amp, a voltage reference and a power transistor that pass whatever voltage is 'programmed' into it by the two resistors connected between its terminals and ground. One leg is the output terminal. One leg is the supply leg and the other is the 'adjust' terminal. The adjust terminal is only used for feedback from the output leg to regulate the output voltage.

Is the signal clean (when the output is distorted) at all frequencies on both terminals of C201?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.