AN80T71 replacement?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Found this chip in a faulty JVC KD-G333 head unit.
It is a voltage regulator. The head unit powers up but does not produce any audio. Within minutes this chip gets extremely hot and then the head unit crashes.
I removed the chip from the head unit, soldered +12V wire to pin 8 and GND wire to pin 16, I should see 3,3V on pin 12 and 9V on pin 13. That did not happen, basicly each pin has +12V on it.
product_detailed_image_33113_1334.jpg

I can not find new chip, anyone know with what to replace this?

Is my assumption correct that this chip is faulty or is there a chance that audio amplifier in the head unit is toast?
I thought that maybe I will try removing the audio amplifier and re installing this chip to see if I can get audio out of the RCA outputs.

If you applied 12v and ground and all of the outputs had 12v on them, I'd have to think that the regulator IC is defective. There was also a control pin but I didn't take the time to DL the datasheet to see how it was used.

Are you sure that you had a good ground when you checked the IC?

If the regulator IC was producing 12v on all output pins, I'd expect to find extensive damage to the 5v and 3.3v circuits.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.