JL Audio 1000/1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This one?

47 ohms.

Attachments

• IMG_2917x.jpg
    IMG_2917x.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 135
Ok i orderd the Correct transistor.. (FQP30N06L)

The 47 ohm resistor connected to Leg 1 of that transistor both of the pads burnt off the board...

Instead of an SMD resistor going back in that location I was gonna use a leaded resistor to i can solder right to leg 1 and the other side i can drill a small hole thru the board and solder it from the under side of the board..

Would a 1/4 watt 47 ohm resistor work or should i use a 1/2 watt ?

Also the 0.1 ohm resistor is a 2 watt ??

3rd question is With the FQP30N06L , 0.1 ohm and the 47 ohm resistor all being bad would that cause the low ohms light ?

A 1/8w resistor would be sufficient. A 1/4w will work.

I'd suggest that you solder to the pad and fix the resistor down with a suitable fixative/adhesive. I think these are only 2-layer boards but I'm not sure. Unless you can see light all around the pad and there is no trace/copper on the other side, it's not safe to drill.

Match the size when ordering.

I can't help with the 3rd question. I've never had an amp with this failure that I looked at the LEDs.

Yes this is a double sided board..

Both pads are missing..

I can drill thru the board on 1 side of the resistor and connect it from underneath the board and the connect the other side of the resistor to Leg 1 from the top side of the board and use some silicone to keep the resistor in place..

I guess i wait til friday or saturday to test this amp somemore since thats when the parts come in..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.