Rockford Fosgate Authorised Dealer reneged on quote - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd November 2012, 05:49 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Rockford Fosgate Authorised Dealer reneged on quote

This is a strange one for mine, I was surprised and disappointed I'd been into the shop three times to talk to the owner, taken in wiring diagrams w/equipment even the year the equipment was made model number "The Lot" on the 3rd visit to the shop they quoted on the work. I didn't haggle on price and accepted the end total. The installers arrived to pick up my vehicle in a painted van they looked like the west coast choppers. They took the vehicle away...I later received a phone call from the owner saying that they weren't going to do the work the amplifier was too old blah blah blah...I told them to get my @$?& vehicle back to me now...

They had Auditioned the amplifier and it was fine...

Can you believe this ? Has anyone else had something similar happen to them ?
Old 23rd November 2012, 06:09 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Our car stereos installs have always been DIY. Never paid anyone.
The shop didn't renege on the quote; they reneged on the work. Your title is somewhat misleading.
Old 23rd November 2012, 07:10 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Probably thought they would take your car and rack up a big bill with new gear and you would pay it. The over priced new gear would have covered the install quote that was obviously mis-qouted and was later realized.

Maybe you should contact Rockford and see how authorized they are and make a complaint and let them know how someone representing their company treated you as a customer.

Sounds very unprofessional of them to me.
Pyramid 52 Amp Power Supply----Fluke 787 Processmeter----Tektronix 465 Scope----Velleman HPS40 Scope----Soldering Iron----Desoldering Iron----Hejet HJ 500-S Heatgun----DM4070 Digital LCR Meter----Propane Torch
Old 23rd November 2012, 07:35 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seankane View Post
Probably thought they would take your car and rack up a big bill with new gear and you would pay it. The over priced new gear would have covered the install quote that was obviously mis-qouted and was later realized.
Yup, I would've liked you guys to hear the conversation...he said he wouldn't warranty the amp I said I wouldn't expect you to, why didn't we discuss this on my previous visits to your store. Didn't answer that just kept on and on about warranty, just wanted me to buy his stock

Quote:
Maybe you should contact Rockford and see how authorized they are and make a complaint and let them know how someone representing their company treated you as a customer.
I'd like to I've been a Rockford Fosgate fan forever.
Old 23rd November 2012, 07:56 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I have sold many amps to people locally on craigslist and they take them to the stereo shop to get installed and they tell them the amp dont work but we will sell you this one for a good deal, then they come to me and I install them with great results=====happy customer store will never get business from again!!
Pyramid 52 Amp Power Supply----Fluke 787 Processmeter----Tektronix 465 Scope----Velleman HPS40 Scope----Soldering Iron----Desoldering Iron----Hejet HJ 500-S Heatgun----DM4070 Digital LCR Meter----Propane Torch
Old 23rd November 2012, 08:10 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have sold many amps to people locally on craigslist and they take them to the stereo shop to get installed and they tell them the amp dont work but we will sell you this one for a good deal, then they come to me and I install them with great results=====happy customer store will never get business from again!!
If I posted up the simple install you'd get a laugh, i was paying 832 bux for installation and some cable. Maybe I just saved myself some coin.
Old 23rd November 2012, 08:16 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

WOW!!!! Depending on how much cable you were buying thats alot of money. I would DIY........LOL!!!!
Old 23rd November 2012, 08:24 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
WOW!!!! Depending on how much cable you were buying thats alot of money. I would DIY........LOL!!!!
Physically can't that's what makes it even harder, that shop owner has 3 shops and they're the only authorised dealers in the area. My inlaws said they know a friend of a friend...but in the meantime no tunes in my car !
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:01 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Why do you insist on an authorized dealer??
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:35 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Why do you insist on an authorized dealer??
1. Like to think I'm supporting Rockford people
2. Proper installation of front speaks, damping, xovers and placement.
3. These peeps have Diplomas from Alpine & RTTI training. They should know what their doing :shrug:

Hide this!Advertise here!