where do i buy factory stock speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
where do i buy the factory stock speakers in the back of the car that go in each side of the back of the trunk of the car
i don't care how bad the frequency response is or the size of the speaker
i just care that it works and costs next to nothing.. about 2 to 9 dollars..
i'm also only looking to buy online.... not from the junkyard.

Please no aftermarket speakers! I'm not looking for quality!

"Please no aftermarket speakers! I'm not looking for quality! "

You have made an assumption that I cannot support.

Not all aftermarket speakers are quality.

Call the car dealership and get a price.

Then find something that is aftermarket, and fits, and is much cheaper.

:)

that's entirely not the point in asking where i can find stock speakers at..
sorry but thats not helping by just telling me that
i know there's factory stock speakers at the junkyard... maybe i should waste 30 minutes to drive down there to buy one silly stock speaker for 30 to who knows how many dollars and pay 20 dollars more just to enter the junkyard to look around..
when i could get the same speaker for 2 dollars online.. and in perfect condition
but i really dont want to have to go through all that trouble for one silly speaker
and im not even planning to use it in my car

im just going to use it to toy around with in my house

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
djQUAN's idea is a good one. That's how it worked when I installed car stereos.

If you are just fooling aROUND, WHAT ABOUT A SECOND HAND SHOP. Oops, hit the caps lock. I have found many treasures by searching there. Some is just normal but sometimes...

I probably have 30 pieces, woofers, tweeters all kinds of good stuff. Really cheap too.

wow 30? that's quite a lot of stuff unless you use it all for something.
do you attempt to use them all or are some of them just random collected speakers?
I actually have a 12 inch woofer but the surround was torn when we were having friends over because of someone abusing it too much.
the surround was not repairable.
I entirely took the surround off carefully and was hoping I could order a new one.

where would I buy a surround (or a refoam kit if that is what it's called?)
for a 12 inch DUAL brand subwoofer?
the cone and spider are intact though, and still work. I just need to get a new surround centered on it and glued together carefully so my subwoofer will be happy again.
I attempted to clean the old surround off completely.

I have removed all the old glue and foam cleanly. but I'm wondering if I should get a refoam kit?
or if I should buy a new woofer of a different brand? something less than 50 dollars? something really cheap.
I purchased the wal mart 12 inch DUAL woofer for just 30 dollars... probably far too cheap and poor construction from your point of view..

If I could even buy some duct tape or gorilla tape to just put it all the way around the speaker for a surround.. that would be acceptable to me. (hoping it doesn't have noise from the tape vibrating and hoping that the cone stays centered.) but that is the last thing i would want to do.. a new surround would be much easier to use.. or even perhaps buying a new subwoofer.. or just a new one for cheap.. perhaps the next time my mom gets paid we could look at the better brands of subwoofers... (preferably far under 200 dollars.)

anything cheap will do (at least has some extension to the low frequencies under 50hz) doesn't matter what the frequency response is. but it's got to be 12 inches to fit in the box that i have..
and I am wondering if you have anything you may want to sell.. I am curious..
I'm not planning on buying anything though because im broke
(I just turned 15 a month or two ago. And I don't own a credit card yet.)
but I'm wondering..
because perhaps someday I will get a job this year/or upcoming year so my and my mom would get some money.. then i may get some form of a credit card to buy the stuff I would need once I have enough money.

and because my mom can't pay for half of the stuff that i usually try to get. she's busy with keeping the fridge from going empty. she can barely afford to pay the bill for the house we live in.
and she barely even has enough food stamps to live off of. and she doesn't have a job.
Her car isn't even working.. (because someone took out the battery to charge it up for their boat and didn't bother to return it so my mom has to always ask her friends or call a taxi to drive her around to places.
so that's one reason why I was thinking of perhaps getting a job of some kind so we could get some money.
my mom has diabetes and she can't work a job anymore because she has problems with her knee.

sorry for such a massive post.. I'm just trying to explain what's happening so there's no misunderstandings.
If you have time to read all of this I really thank you greatly.

There is a guy very close to me that sells quality kits on eBay and Craigslist. I have been to his house and watched him recone and repair speakers of all different types. His eBay user name is(geoaliwil) his phone number is (call or text at (615) 579-7694) tell him Jordan from Franklin sent you and he may give you, it may help or he may not remember who I am lol. Either way this gentleman is very knowledgeable about speakers and will be able answer any questions you may have.

As far as the money thing. When I was your age I made lots and lots of money repairing car amps, building speaker boxes, and doing installs etc... Do some research and you may be able to make some decent tax free money that way.

This could turn into a career as you build a name for yourself and the skills you will learn way are relavent to many industries and can be useful later in life. I went on to become a master certified installer and now have a really sweet job for a very large automobile manufacture.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.