Low Ohm Light on JL 1001/1 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th November 2012, 11:38 PM   #1
jnogg85 is offline jnogg85  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Low Ohm Light on JL 1001/1

Hi, this is my first post here as every other problem i've had i've been able to browse the forums here to fix them. I havent been able to find an answer for my current problem though. I just installed a jl audio 1000/1 and everything is fine from low to moderate volumes but at high volumes i can hear a little "click or knock) coming from the amp when the bass hits and the low ohm light flashes in sync with the bass hits. the sub is a 12w7 svc 3 ohm. the few possible solutions i found online were either a pinched rca or speaker wires. Those were ruled out since they are all just dangling freely since i just wanted to test the amp to make sure it works before the final installation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old 17th November 2012, 11:59 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

A 3 ohm speaker is odd they are usually 16,8, or 4 ohms.
Will the amp run into 3 ohms ok ?
Old 18th November 2012, 12:07 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I just realized i posted this in the wrong area. It should be under car audio. Is there any way i can get this moved? But yeah, the amp has a rater power of 1000 watts from 1.5 to 4 ohms. i got the specs of the subs online, they're also jl audio, and i just when out to the car to measure the resistance of the speaker wires coming from the sub and they are 3 ohms.
Old 18th November 2012, 12:19 AM   #4
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

It's moved. In the future when you need something done by a moderator, feel free to hit the report post button. It's the red triangle found under your name on the left.
Old 18th November 2012, 02:40 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Have you pulled the cover to see if anything looks suspicious?

I've seen several of these amps where a number of parts start to desolder themselves.
Old 18th November 2012, 04:54 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

no i havent done that yet. I'm about to though. Upon closer inspection of the amp, it looks as if its been opened up before as the allen screw heads look a little stripped and of the rca inputs is missing the washer and nut. not sure if ebay would cover this as the listing just said everything works great prior to him removing it from his car.
Old 18th November 2012, 09:06 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnogg85 View Post
no i havent done that yet. I'm about to though. Upon closer inspection of the amp, it looks as if its been opened up before as the allen screw heads look a little stripped and of the rca inputs is missing the washer and nut. not sure if ebay would cover this as the listing just said everything works great prior to him removing it from his car.

Ebay generally refunds all electronics that has a complaint filed about. I say this because I have a close friend with over 10,000 sales and anytime anyone complains they make him refund the deal after the item has been returned. It just seems to be their policy about electronic items in general.

And missing the RCA insulator and its nut most likely means someone has had it open before you bought it. Its missing parts for being complete and whole...Hope this helps some...

Hide this!Advertise here!