Transistor Part Numbers for Q130-Q139 in a Kole PH2-3000D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Transistor Part Numbers for Q130-Q139 in a Kole QX1-3000D

Hi Folks, many thanks to all who post here; I've learned so much from everyone's contributions.

Can anybody take a peek (or if you know offhand) what the part numbers for Q130-Q139 are in a Kole QX1-3000D?

Fixed title to reflect QX1-3000D model number, my fault..
If a MOD can fix the title to reflect correct model in post #3, that would be awesome, was asleep at the wheel. Also the thread title...

Going behind a hack job, client picked it up after a month of no progress with half the parts missing, brought it to me.

Also, anybody know where to source the fans used in those amps?

Thanks!

Last edited:
pics of PH2-3000d

Here we go:

Attachments

• amp1.jpg
    amp1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 125
  • amp2.jpg
    amp2.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 118
  • amp4.jpg
    amp4.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 120
  • amp5.jpg
    amp5.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 118
Replacing Q124 and Q125

Are Q124 and Q125 the drivers for the output section? Or what is their function?

There are several parts on the driver board with really bad or missing solder...

Q124 and Q125 are MPS-A42?

K, Thanks Perry!

Attachments

• driver1.jpg
    driver1.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 110
  • driver2.jpg
    driver2.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Is the fan a standard 12volt, such as is used on a pc heatsink?

The fan was missing on this amp and at the moment I haven't another one around to check, is it a regular 12volt fan such as from a computer heatsink?

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll change the transistors and resistors. Any other parts you might recommend refreshing, or common failure points you might mention?

Checking resistors, and

I just checked R173 and R190, (with 1 lead removed from the board) and read 560 and 1176 ohms respectively. If that doesn't sound right, please let me know. They didn't look so badly burnt that they would have drifted.

Are these (1/4,1/8,1/16) watt carbon film?

Hey, Perry - looking on page 39 of BCAE, in the resistor wattage ratings image, the resistor size on this driver card (of R173) is the one all the way on the right listed as 1/6 watt. Is 1/6 watt correct?

Thanks for the info on the fan too!

Last edited:
large negative voltage at output on idle

Hey, I finally got back to this, assembled it, and tested it. Protect light is steady on. Found a lot of negative voltage on the positive speaker terminal. The gates on the first half of the output fets (which connect to the positive power rail) are getting high negative voltage. The gates on the second half (which connect to the negative power rail) are getting about zero.

BTW In this amp, the negative speaker terminal is ground right?

So I checked and found the excess negative voltage present on the driver card input, so I disconnected the input from the board and checked at the card, and still found it. So the problem might be in the card?

Looking at the connections to the DRV output pins from the card, each side has four transistors (DRV1 has 2 MPS42 (NPN) and 2 MPS56 (PNP), so does DRV2) right?

First pass with the meter and the four pairs of transistors look good.

Sleepy time again.

R173 smoked before I could perform the measurements

Huh. Just got back to it, figured I would make the measurements Perry asked for, powered up, turned on and R173 smoked. Was running it yesterday looking for the problem with nothing happening to R173. Odd. Will check bottom for solder issues, then try again.

Any ideas why R173 would be smoking? Related?

This amp is badged Kole QX1-3000D - is it also a Planet Audio VX2200D? Looks like the same amp.

ok, voltages on outputs between 1 and 3

Ok, First half (Q130 to Q134) are +0.05v between pins 1 and 3 of each output - it kicks up to +0.05 then sinks to 0. Second half, (Q135 to Q139)swings back and forth between 25 and 30 volts.

Checked the rails with neg lead on neg speaker terminal, swinging between 25 and 33 on each rail (neg on neg rail). Before was seeing -30 or so at -In of driver card (pin2 from rca end of amp) and at DRV output 1 (pin8). +In and DRV2 around 0.

Currently have 1 ouput removed on low side, that wouldn't do all this would it?

Replaced missing output checked again

Ok, with missing low side output in, now 1 to 3 voltages on low-half are ~0, on high half, still jumping.

If disconnect the feed to the 'gate-bus' of the low half, would that cause any damage? curious to see if the rails would stop jumping.

From rca shield/gnd to neg speaker terminal = 220 ohms.

On driver card pins from rca side of amp
1 (In+)= 0
2 (In-)= swinging negative voltage down to about 2/3 of neg rail
3 (SG)= 0
4 (+15v)= up to about +13 falls to 0 repeats
5 (-15v)= up to about -13 falls to 0 repeats
6 (SW)= swinging pos voltage up to about 2/3 of pos rail
7 (Vpp)= swinging pos voltage up to pos rail
8 (DRV1)= swinging negative voltage down to about 2/3 of neg rail
9 (OUT)= swinging negative voltage down to about 2/3 of neg rail
10 (PG)= 0
11 (DRV2)= ~0
12 (Vnn)= swinging neg voltage down to neg rail

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.