Rockford Fosgate T10001

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recieved a T10001 board number 1325-51669-05 2006 model.

The amp would not power up and squeeled loudly when trying to power it up. I removed the top cover to find the little screen mounted to the plastic vent housing the led plastic tubes had fallen off and shorted to R87 a white 5W 3K resistor and also to one of the screw heads that holds the fan down.

All except 2 outputs tested to be shorted. I removed all the outputs except the 2 that were not shorted. The amp then powered and would idle fine.

I replaced all the outputs with new IRFP3415's and powered the amp again. The amp idles fine, is not in protect, there is no DC on the output terminals. The amp produces clean audio on the scope and sounds great on a sub.

I hear a slight chirping noise inside the amp when the bass hits, and I noticed Q201 (A06) and Q202 (A56) seem to be hot to the touch as compared to the rest of the drivers Q203, Q205, Q206, Q216, Q215, and Q218.

They dont seem to be getting hot enough to de-solder but definantely hotter than the rest, I ran the amp for a few minutes but dont want to chance shorting any outputs by running it any longer.

Is this normal for only these 2 to run hot or is there something I should be looking for??

I have included a pic of the board.

Attachments

• T10001 board and amp room 008.jpg
    T10001 board and amp room 008.jpg
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Those 2 transistors are regulators and always run hot. There are 10.5 ohm resistors in series with them that will blow if they're overloaded.

In every amp with the screen, you should apply a bit of adhesive to the screen to hold it in place. They fall often and since they can short across any combination of parts, repairing the amps after the screen has fallen can be time consuming.

Yes luckily mine only shorted to the one resistor and shorted the outputs. I think I will use some hot glue or something. I was going to remove it, but after careful consideration if something fell onto the amp there would be nothing to keep it from going onto the board and shorting more components.

Thanks for the reply Perry.

Yea, I figured it was worth a shot. I did just send a request to Rockwell... sometimes forum people are quicker to respond. I have the schematics for the 2004 T10001BD, but not the 2006. I have an amp with my own issues that I'm about to start a thread for. Figured I might get a jump on it. Oh well, thanks anyway

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.