directed 600D schematic or resistor value please?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the first series of this amp(99-01/2) board rev.A, mfg 03/2000. anyways r51 and r52 are toast. they should be the same. also, would be nice to know the part number for d51, and d53. on a side note, would be curious if anyone knows what goes in u108/u109, as they are ground at the factory, but i think they are fine....... thanks,
-Heath H-

best i can do right now. a couple of the pics didn't upload for some reason..... oh, there they went. moved the original, so i think i'll upload that one, too.
WP_002103.jpg
WP_002104.jpg
WP_002101.jpg
WP_002102.jpg
WP_002100.jpg
WP_002098.jpg

thank you guys. so, i'm assuming this is the rectifier circuit for the ic/etc regulators, as it shows in the bp1200 schematic. if that is the case, i am going on the assumption that these both had to have failed at the same time for whatever reason, i.e. freeze, and shorted. it's just weird that both sides of the circuit have the heat damage equally, from running the higher current, but only the one cap seems definitely blown. i just don't want to miss something else that could have caused this.

i am just ordering parts at this point, but i will be replacing the 2 caps, 2 resistors, and the 4 diodes, even though just the 2 got hot. will also be replacing the rail caps, which i already have. did i miss anything?

the diodes read, from what i can tell:
FR154
DC
that number does not come up on digikey, but on the 1200bp schematic, it lists "PR1504" as the diodes used, and those do come up. should i use the pr1504's? is there a reference that shows how to decode the print into that number?.. oh wait, i just noticed that it is a non-stock item. is there a good part number that i can use?

the original complaint of this amp was that it just put out nothing but static, which kind of makes sense, not getting enough power to the regulators, and no filtering. all i have tested as of yet, are the winding and traces from the top-side and all appear well. i also did an ohm check on the regulators, which appeared okay.

thanks again for your help,
-Heath H-

Mouser has the originals but if you want to order from DK, the BYV28-200-TAPCT-ND is a good sub for this application. The BYV-28 is good for most instances where you need a fast efficient, relatively high-current diode in a small package. If the originals aren't defective, you don't need to replace them.

The electrolytic capacitors will likely need to be replaced. The FC series of capacitors is a good choice.
P10316-ND (check lead spacing)

If/when you replace the diodes/resistors, install them so that they're about 1/4" above the board. That will prevent them from doing further damage to the board. Using larger resistors will also reduce the operating temperature.

Last edited:
directed 600d

I need help with my amplifier burned the converter and the resistance of the trancistors does not notice the colors of it the resistance of the gate.

To see if they can help me to know the value of it, how much ohm is it?

Attachments

• directed 600d.jpg
    directed 600d.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 55
  • directed 600d2.jpg
    directed 600d2.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 46
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.