MOSFET clamp for RF punch 225.2, can I make my own?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone, I got in a rockford fosgate punch 225.2. I received as a mess I got the power supply up and running but I guess someone before me tried removing the old fets off the mehsa and pulled the whole solder pad out so that's now useless, I have a parts 40ix and it has the clamp bars I took one out put it by the power supply fets in the 225.2 the hole to put the screws match perfect enough to clamp down the two fets, anywy I was thinking of cutting piece of the mehsa that's useles putting mica insulators for the fets and cutting the clamp bars to hold the fets, seems like it work. What do you guys think??

I would post pics but I'm on mobile.

And one channel is shorted and the other plays fine but has a little distortion in it.

This is what I did

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 98
The original size of the material was 3/16" x 1/2" you can buy the aluminum flat bar and cut your own and easily layout the holes by tracing them from the MESHA board.

What you have will work and if your going to keep it thats fine, if your going to sell it especially on ebay I would remove both MESHA boards and put down tape and use a full length clamp for both sides.

I probably have both MESHA boards for that amp, I have a ton of them laying around. I probably even have the correct length OEM clamps from another amp as well.

The 225.2 probably uses 6/32" x 3/8" screws for the MESHA some of them used 8/32" x 3/8" and are different than the DSM amp style screw for the aluminum clamp.

The DSM amps I believe use an 8/32 x 3/4" with a shouldered 6 point head which is 1/4" in size.

You would have to go to the hardware store and get the proper length screws for using the aluminum bar clamp.

Last edited:
The original size of the material was 3/16" x 1/2" you can buy the aluminum flat bar and cut your own and easily layout the holes by tracing them from the MESHA board.

What you have will work and if your going to keep it thats fine, if your going to sell it especially on ebay I would remove both MESHA boards and put down tape and use a full length clamp for both sides.

I probably have both MESHA boards for that amp, I have a ton of them laying around. I probably even have the correct length OEM clamps from another amp as well.

The 225.2 probably uses 6/32" x 3/8" screws for the MESHA some of them used 8/32" x 3/8" and are different than the DSM amp style screw for the aluminum clamp.

The DSM amps I believe use an 8/32 x 3/4" with a shouldered 6 point head which is 1/4" in size.

You would have to go to the hardware store and get the proper length screws for using the aluminum bar clamp.

I plan on keeping this amp, what would you charge me for the mehsa boards?

You never got back to me for mehsa boards for a punch 225.2 amp. Lmk when you have time bro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.