dls cad 11

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I cannot get +/- 15v regulated voltage output of regulators. I took a brand new 7915 and 7815 regulators, i get only 13.66V on their inputs. Supply voltage on terminals is 13.88V. The rails are +/- 33.3V. Amp ground terminal as reference. It powers up "fine", no protection. If someone don't have schematic, i can send.

Last edited:
These resistors are ok.
This dont make sense to me - if i set power supply voltage more than 12.9V - power supply transistors are not drived correctly, by voltage what i did mention earlier - 1,49v.
If i set 12.4v, i get correct drive voltage around 4.96 on all supply transistors. But then i get only -63v rail and still old +33v rail on rectifiers.

I might have been wrong, but if i remember correctly, yes, i should recheck then. But i dont understand, why drive voltage is not correct at 13v, but it is correct at 12.4v When drive voltage is "good", i can get negative regulated voltage on regulators and opamps, i do get -14v at 7915, but still old +7v on 7815

Last edited:
This amp has a regulated power supply. When the voltage reaches the target rail voltage, it reduces the pulse width so that the rail remains precisely at the target voltage. When the pulse width is reduced, it will read less than 5v. In some amps, it can read as low as a fraction of a volt when the amp is at idle. When you reduce the input voltage, the pulse width has to increase to try to maintain the target rail voltage. When the pulse width increases, it reads as a higher DC voltage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.