Earthquake PH2000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heres a pic of the Board Hopefully it works lost my camera cord and i took this with my phone

Attachments

• Earthquake.JPG
    Earthquake.JPG
    536.2 KB · Views: 188
The IRFB42N20D may work. If they don't, you could try others rated for 200v. If you can't find anything that will work, I'd try the 3415s. If they fail, cut the rail voltage back a few volts and they would likely survive. When you're working with an amp that has discontinued parts, there may not be any definitive solution. You may have to do a bit of testing to see what works.

I found the orginal outputs and they should be in today..

MCM Electronics had them in stock ..

I was trouble shooting the amp some more and found that the Transformer is shorted also..

I have one out of a parts amp im going to replace it with so hopefully nothing else is defective ..

Thanks for the help

I replaced the transformer in this amp also replaced the outputs..

Amp powes up and produces both + - rail voltages and also produces both + - regulated voltages

Amp has no output before i replaced the Transformer and outputs amp powerd up and produced audio but was very distorted and if i twisted the transformer it would draw 60 amps of current ..

After i replaced the transformer with the same one the amp has no output now any ideas ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.