Spring Clip /Spring Clamp removal video

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
actually, i just use different needle nose pliers, mostly regular strait ones. you can just roll the clip out by putting more pressure on the transistors and it pops right out. another good thing is that you can grab either side of the clip so you can come in from the top, or the side, and should it "jump" out when it releases, as they sometimes do, it jumps up and out so you're not hitting resistors, caps, or windings, etc. to put them back in i just use an appropriate sized phillips (usually #2) in the hole to put pressure and tap into place. just my $0.02......

Does anyone know the trick on how to install these mosfet spring clips?

This is a partial post from one of Perry's...hope you don't mind Perry.

" The last photo shows the 'tool' I use to replace the clamps. The rubber insert (insulation off of a piece of wire) helps to keep it from sliding. Use this with a small hammer (or pair of crimping pliers as a hammer) to gently tap the clamps back into place. "

daspringclampreplacement01.jpg

Picture and post belong to Perry...not me. Again if Perry minds then I'll remove it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.