2 Jl 500/1 amps one for parts one for repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm kinda new to repairing amps but I can follow instructions really good, haha but really I am kinda up to speed with automotive electronics, but I do need help.
Here's the thing I just acquired two non working 500/1 JL audio amps One amp has an Ohm's light that seems to stay on indefinately and the other turns on fine but doesn't seem to produce anything more than a barely audible 10 decibels from my sub (which is a brand new 15in JL W0V3 SVC 4Ohm) both amps worked in different cars less than a year ago and are in good physical shape so I'd like to fix both if possible or at least get on good working amp outta this.

ill have to go borrow a multimeter tomorrow since my doesnt seem to be in my toolbox and get back to you on that. I also at some point and time have to go pick up the amp with the Low OHM light on. The amp I'm more concerned about is the one that seems to power on fine but doesn't produce any real volume...no matter what amp settings, speaker config, or head unit???

Earlier, I stated that it was strange that both were positive. That's wrong. Both will be positive, referenced to ground. They should both read about 40v DC. When there is a problem, one generally swings to near 80v and the other to near 0v. Are you sure that your meter is reading accurately? If the battery is low, it could read higher than the actual voltage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.