08 super crew sound setup?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, I'm looking to totally do my truck with a new system. Not too sure on what all will work best, but some pointers and insight will be great. I really listen to all sorts of music and I listen to it loud usually. This is what the plan is......H/U pioneer AVH4400Bh, 2 JL 10w3v3-4 in a Fox acoustic sealed box, sub amp- Kicker 11Dx1000.1, Alpine type R SPR 60c front door, Alpine type R SPR 68 rear with a JL xd 400/4 for all the door speakers. Does it seem as though the amps would be enough for the components? Any and all info is much appreciated

Should be fine as far as equipment.

Personally I don't like mids and highs in the rear. Without some powerful processing or true 5.1 surround output it'll never sound good. Car is an accoustic nightmare on a good day, the more places you stick vocals the uglier the immaging gets.

If you're the reading type, go over this thread:
Simple, cheap, and effective door treatments - DIYMA Car Audio Forum

Any effort and money you sink into preparing your doors for components and deadening in general will be a good investment if you want quality sound.

I usually don't go for any rear upgrades either. I just figured I will have more company in this truck than any other and wanted to try to make it sound just as good in the back as does the front. Has any one ever had their amps get too hot behind the seat of these trucks?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.