Need help Identifying a few driverboard and pwm board parts (hifonics 2010d, 2006)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, I need to order a few replacement parts for the PWM and driver boards as some are either missing or dead.

For the the Hifonics 2010d:
2610 PWM 081013 board
1. Transistor at q2 (cant read the markings)
2. Transistor at q1 marked BR.
3. D5 Threw 8 marked A.

CON1 Driver board 81013 V1.0
1. R5
2. C9
3. D5
4. D6
(all missing )

Hifonics 2006:

PWM board E0B-013-20 (2004.01) REV: 0
1. Q7 marked BE RW
2.Q3 marked DF RL

Driver Board DWM1216FV_V20
1. D1
2. D3
3. D8
4.Q6 marked DK Qx
5. Q9 marked AG QW
6. U2

Any help would be awesome. Originals are fine but if there are better replacements recommended I would consider those my first option so I dont have to keep replacing parts. Thanx guys!

You should not use the therm PWM board. Many class D amps have PWM boards for both audio and power supply. Audio PWM or power supply PWM will reduce confusion.

It's not a good idea to blindly replace components in switching type circuits. 'Better' isn't as simple as higher current/voltage/power ratings. Many times switching characteristics are very important.

Diodes marked with an A are likely a 1SS355.

Post a photo of the 81013 board.

Ok, I did not know that im still new to all this so im learning as I go.
The Driver board is pretty common ive been finding it in many previous threads.
driverboard.jpg

Also I would like to avoid blindly replacing components but I recieved some of these 2010d's off ebay in pretty rough shape and look like someone attempted to work on them and gave up an sold them as a parts amplifer so many components are missing. The only one that appears to be burnt is the transistor at q1 on the 2610 power supply PWM. I asked the owner about the amp and he said he had a power supply that had the protection circuit fail and it sent 22 Volts to the amplifier instead of shutting the supply down so he auctioned it off because he didnt have the time to fix the amp anymore. What would be your thoughts regarding the damage that an overvoltage could have caused?

It appears that there is at least one badly damaged via on pin 6 of that driver board (main board damaged).

When too much voltage is driven into the amp, it can cause problems in virtually any part of the amp, especially for amps without regulated rail voltage.

On those boards (in photo), the 1D and 2D transistors fail. The two in the rectangle (in example photo), are the most common but the others fail sometimes.

I didnt think this amp was going to be an easy fix. I have the 1d and 2d marked transistors stocked but I am particularly concerned about finding replacements for 2610 PWM power supply 081013 board at q1 marked BE as in my search I find a few different (as in completely different part numbers but same marking) smd transistors but im not sure how to pinpoint the right replacement. I don't want to just solder any transistor in place to see if it works so im at a bit of a stand still with this one.

Ok Thanx! I located them on digikey and there are 3 versions with different values in the (DC Current Gain (hFE) (Min) @ Ic, Vce) column. The values consist of
120 @ 1mA, 6V
or
180 @ 1mA, 6V
or
270 @ 1mA, 6V
My question is what is hfe in relation with the amplifier and how important is it in choosing these components?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.