Rockford Punch 200.2 one channel down?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I picked up a Punch 200.2 today and found only one channel works, the other just pushes the speaker cones out.

Also it won't run bridged.

I have found 3 failed IRF540's anr r268, r252 and r280 ave failed.

I have ordered the IRF540's but I can't make out the values of the resistors listed above.

My questions are,

Can anyone tell me the resistor values ?

Should I check/replace any other components on the faulty channel?

I have shown the defective items in the image below

Thanks in advance

1625FC6C-EA82-440E-8F03-EECC0E488F6A-884-000000A2BAFFC180.jpg

If it were me I would replace all the outputs in the defective channel, and dont forget to check the source resistors. I rarely see the gate resistors fail, I have a parts 200.2 and will post the values of the resistors you need.

However the protection circuit components can fail.

The reason that I suggested reinstalling the good FETs was to determine if there was additional damage or simply a shorted FET.

The gate resistors fail often enough to warrant checking them. IF one had failed and an FET was installed in that location, the FET would have failed immediately which could have caused confusion.

What is your budget for a scope?

I'd suggest trying to find a used analog scope. The basic repair page of the site shows the display of a 2MHz scope and a 100MHz scope with one of the highest frequency signals that you're likely to see in a car amp. They are essentially identical.

I don't like the cheap LCD scopes. The resolution isn't good enough for critical audio work. An analog scope will show you if you have a tiny bit of distortion or a glitch in a drive signal. The LCD scopes don't generally have that type of resolution.

Post the used ones that you're considering before buying one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.