Kicker kx350.2 biasing issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello again. Sittin here with an old kicker amp. Left channel is getting a very high voltage bias. I'm just curious if anyone is knowledgable on auto biasing circuitry in these older amps. Is there a better I.c to upgrade? I'm gettin 30 volts across Base. Causes amp to go haywire. Any thoughts?

No there's no voltage on speaker terminals, but as soon as you put the transistors back in circuit it goes haywire with current draw. No issues with transistors. Those are good. Just imagine meter ground on RCA shield, positive on all 3 legs 30 volts or so.

You can't use the DC voltage on the base without having the outputs in place. It breaks the feedback loop and makes the drive circuit swing fully to one rail or the other. What precisely does the amp do when the outputs are in the circuit?

Does is do the same thing when using a current limiter in the B+ line?

I'm assuming that you've checked the driver transistors and they're not leaking or shorted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.