Lightning Audio S4.1000.1D amp keeps failing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got this amp with blown outputs, replaced them and tested it. Worked fine.

Sold it to a guy and he called me back in a week and told that amp was in protection.

He brought the amp back to me, again some of the outputs were blown. Week later he called me again to say that amp had failed again.
This time the power supply caps blew up and also some of the outputs have failed as well.

I gave him another amp to try while I was fixing the Lightning Audio, that amp did not fail in his car. He is using the amp to power Rockford Fosgate sub with 4 ohm coil, I measured 3,6 ohm across speaker wires but that should not be problem for Lightning Audio as it is rated for 1 ohm.

What could be the cause for this?

Attachments

• DSC00614.JPG
    DSC00614.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 117
Man I get these a lot. Check the voltage at the rails first. Make sure you have stable voltage, so you can eliminate that. There's an i.c in the audio output path that is temperamental, it's a jrc3700d I'm having issues with this as well. It causes bias to run wild. Blowing outputs. Hope it helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.