Hifonics Brutus BX 2005d - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th November 2012, 10:16 AM   #101
diyAudio Member

To those of you following this post.........Q3 is an NPN driver. Q2, Q7, Q8 are PNP drivers. Mine were fried and or removed and I assumed they were all PNP drivers. WRONG.....upon studying the picture Perry posted of the driver board I was able to see Q3 had a different marking and was NPN. By putting a PNP driver in its place the transistor was conducting causing the needed transistors that connect the relay to ground to remain off. Thats why I could not get relay engagement and connect the audio to the output terminals.

Thanks to Perry's patience and help this amp will be up and running as soon as I recieve my parts!!!
Pyramid 52 Amp Power Supply----Fluke 787 Processmeter----Tektronix 465 Scope----Velleman HPS40 Scope----Soldering Iron----Desoldering Iron----Hejet HJ 500-S Heatgun----DM4070 Digital LCR Meter----Propane Torch
Old 17th November 2012, 03:08 PM   #102
diyAudio Member

It's nice to see someone admit when they've made a mistake. Too many try to make excuses or blame something/someone else.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Old 17th November 2012, 11:27 PM   #103
diyAudio Member

Yes I certainly made a mistake and there is no one to blame but myself, in other words dont get in a hurry and when someone is trying to help you, help yourself as well and dont rely on the teacher for everything or your not going to learn. Most times the answer is staring you in the face as it was me.

Lesson learned.
Pyramid 52 Amp Power Supply----Fluke 787 Processmeter----Tektronix 465 Scope----Velleman HPS40 Scope----Soldering Iron----Desoldering Iron----Hejet HJ 500-S Heatgun----DM4070 Digital LCR Meter----Propane Torch
Old 21st November 2012, 08:04 AM   #104
diyAudio Member

I finally got the driver and a chance to install it. I also re-installed C3 the delay turn on cap. I put it in the heat sink and clamped it down.

I powered it up with no issues and I have relay engagement. I hooked it up to the old 18" punch XLC and she pounds like no other!!!!!

At higher volumes I kinda hear a slight noise like in the Rockford T10001 I just repaired, but it does not affect performance or cause any issues, it sounded like it was coming from around the 2 coils or in that area right around the relay.

Its been running pretty hard for 10 min or so with no issues so far. I think its a go!!!

Thanks Perry!!!

Hide this!Advertise here!