Audio Control EQX - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th October 2012, 05:14 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Audio Control EQX

I got one of theese in and the customer stated that the power light will not turn on when power ground and remote are applied..

I took it apart and found a 22 uf 16 v cap blown i replaced it and power light still wont come on..

I tested the voltage on the pads of the light and it has 6 volts on the positive pad...

Wondering if anyone knows about theese eq's and if 6 volts is about right or should i have more voltage on the pad for the power light?

Also if the 6 volts is correct i thought about replacing the led do i buy a 6 volt led or which one do i need to buy?
Old 14th October 2012, 04:31 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

LEDs have a forward voltage drop like any other diode. The voltage at the LED isn't critical. The voltage across the leads of the LED is what's important. It's going to be about 2v for most LEDs. A bit more for blue LEDs.

I don't have any information on the EQX but if you post a photo of the board, that would be helpful.
Old 15th October 2012, 07:21 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Audio Control is based in Mount Lake Terrace Washington just about 20 min North of me. They have been there since they started their business.

Have you tried contacting them for schematics or a repair inquiry? They are really good people to work with, but I must say its been years since I have talked to anyone there. I only have one of their units left which is an old Audio Control Epic 150.

The phone number is or was 425-775-8461. You could always call information and get it. I would give them a call and see what you can get out of them.
Pyramid 52 Amp Power Supply----Fluke 787 Processmeter----Tektronix 465 Scope----Velleman HPS40 Scope----Soldering Iron----Desoldering Iron----Hejet HJ 500-S Heatgun----DM4070 Digital LCR Meter----Propane Torch

Hide this!Advertise here!