Audio Control EQX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got one of theese in and the customer stated that the power light will not turn on when power ground and remote are applied..

I took it apart and found a 22 uf 16 v cap blown i replaced it and power light still wont come on..

I tested the voltage on the pads of the light and it has 6 volts on the positive pad...

Wondering if anyone knows about theese eq's and if 6 volts is about right or should i have more voltage on the pad for the power light?

Also if the 6 volts is correct i thought about replacing the led do i buy a 6 volt led or which one do i need to buy?

LEDs have a forward voltage drop like any other diode. The voltage at the LED isn't critical. The voltage across the leads of the LED is what's important. It's going to be about 2v for most LEDs. A bit more for blue LEDs.

I don't have any information on the EQX but if you post a photo of the board, that would be helpful.

Audio Control is based in Mount Lake Terrace Washington just about 20 min North of me. They have been there since they started their business.

Have you tried contacting them for schematics or a repair inquiry? They are really good people to work with, but I must say its been years since I have talked to anyone there. I only have one of their units left which is an old Audio Control Epic 150.

The phone number is or was 425-775-8461. You could always call information and get it. I would give them a call and see what you can get out of them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.