PPi A600.2 #2 Powers up but with both lights on - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th October 2012, 04:39 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

please see attached pic it has been marked up to show where the loose resistor went, and they both look burnt. 10 ohm 2 watt.

also you will see another resistor has been circled its also desoldered and likely burnt, and a small arrow points to it sister for the other channel under the bar and it also is likely damaged. These are the zobel output filters and they overheat when a amp is clipped badly and or it has some out of bandwidth output on the speaker terminals.

These device die due to abuse of the amp, and are side effects of the amps failure mode so fixing these items will not completely fix the amp. they are just symptoms of a greater issue lurking elsewhere in the amp channels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ADSCF0018.jpg (992.8 KB, 77 views)
Old 20th October 2012, 05:55 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

ok so should i test the resister to see if there still good? if not where can i get them? and u mention the other ones with 3 leg post should i messure them to see if those are good too? and if not where to get those parts? and the one under the bar lmao how to i get that one out lol to test it or replace it thank you again
Old 20th October 2012, 06:36 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Perry I am borrowing your links hope its ok, and thanks

Superjoey01 please click on any of these links below except for the computer link for some excellent reading that you need to do before you proceed with any repair work on your amps.
Links >> Basic Car Audio Amp Repair --- Basic Car Audio Electronics --- Basic Transistor Testing --- Basic Switching Power Supply Design --- Basic Computer Skills << Links

Perry's web site will answer many of your typical questions your asking now, and it will save loads of forum thread space if you study up a bit..... His training site will give you the head start you are looking for and its free and well designed so that you can take things at your own speed. Please brief yourself for this service work as its going to get a lot deeper and you really need to know the info Perry has put together for you.
I am detecting from your questions that your not ready to do this sort of repair yet. With some small training from Perry's site you will be ready to undertake this repair. I send you there to save both of us bunches of time and effort. I can guide you quickly if you have some rudimentary understanding level of what your working with.
I have done enough of these to guide a blind man, but the blind man needs to know what he is fumbling around with. Perry's site is your best bet to garner the little details you need to start this job....

I like many others here want to help you but you must help yourself also. And the info on Perry's web site will brace you some for whats next to come. Repairing electronics is not as simple as just replacing the visually bad components and you really need to know how to use the tools of the trade and some of the ins and outs before you run head long into this project. Your learning curve is the bottle neck to getting this done quickly. Perry's web site will smooth a lot of this out and help you vastly to achieve the results your looking for in this project.

I am not trying to be mean spirited towards you in any way. I am trying to guide you correctly to the help you need in the sequence you need it so you can be successful with your efforts. So please don't take any of my guidance harshly as its the best way for you to go, and we all want the best for you and your project here on the DIY...

Were here on the DIY not going anywhere so we will all be here after you have done some study up. Take a break, read some and then decide if this is for you or not and we will all be here when you have a better idea of what your into...

Last edited by 1moreamp; 20th October 2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 24th October 2012, 02:20 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

sorry for waiting so long i dont have a voltmeter bc it broke, so i'm waiting on getting one once i get one i'll test the parts and get back to u guys thank you for being there
Old 7th November 2012, 02:34 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

hi guys i finally got a volt meter so when i get home tonight i'll check some stuff but i need to know what should i check first thank you?
Old 7th November 2012, 04:39 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Perry's web site will show you how to ohm meter out all the power devices on the sides of the amp. I would start with that just to see if anything is shorted out . Let me know what you find...
Old 10th November 2012, 06:13 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Default Got some of the transister on the side of the amp tested

Hi guys i got some of the transister tested only have Q1 to Q6 tested so far i'm working on the rest of them thank you Joey
Attached Images
File Type: png Transister testing.png (144.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: png Transister Q3-Q4.png (178.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: png Q5-Q6.png (198.5 KB, 42 views)
Old 10th November 2012, 07:08 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Default hey guys i finally got one side of the amp transister done

hi guys i just now got the one side of amp done testing the Transister here are the rest thank you for ur help and i been reading a bit on perry site it helps alot takes me a bit to learn but willing to try from Joey
Attached Images
File Type: png Q7-Q8.png (198.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: png Q9-Q10.png (235.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png Q11-Q12.png (223.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png Q13-Q14.png (165.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png Q15-Q16.png (219.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png Q17-Q18.png (218.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 10th November 2012, 07:10 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

k guys i'll check in the morning time i'm getting tired thanks for the info
Old 11th November 2012, 03:03 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Based on your measurements you have shorted fets. Remove them

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Hide this!Advertise here!