Audison SRx2 muting problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was given Audison SRx2 amplifier to be repaired.

I think something failed in the muting circuit. PS is working properly, amp does not draw excessive current. Input signal is clear and present on all opamps in the preamps section, volume and crossover pots, switches are working properly. No audio on speaker terminals.

I can not find audio signal on any transistors in the audio section of the amplifier, it is very difficult to tell what is what because of all of the SMD components, impossible to see where the traces are going. I found a SMD transistor near thermistor which at first gave me a reading that it is shorted, when this transistor is removed, then amp produces some audio but not anywhere near the power it is supposed to put out. I have not replaced the transistor yet because I have to order suitable replacement.

As I wait for the new transistor to arrive, anyone has the schematic for this amp? Just in case replacing it does not solve the problem.

Attachments

• DSC00511.jpg
    DSC00511.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC00512.jpg
    DSC00512.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC00513.jpg
    DSC00513.jpg
    741.4 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC00514.JPG
    DSC00514.JPG
    943.1 KB · Views: 125
Seems that it is not the problem, I tried a 2SC1815 as a temporary replacement in place of that transistor but that does not allow the amp to produce audio.

Anyone has had similar problems with Audison amps?

I will try to contact Audison as well.

Gain pot works, I can see the amplitude of input signal changing.

If the gain is full up, then there is some clipping of the signal on the opamps, so I have gain set at about 90%.

Crossover works, I have it set to full.

My signal source is not grounded to amps ground but I took a wire from amps ground to PCs chassis (signal source), did not improve the volume.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.