Multiple Car Amplifier Question!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 3 amps hooked up. 1 Fosgate 500-2 Bridged to a 10" sub, 1 Fosgate 400-2 hooked up to front door 6.5" speakers, A Kenwood KAC-PS200T hooked up to my rear 5.25 rear panel speakers.
No issues whatsoever. Nice sound.
I have a pair of JL Audio XR650 Component speakers (6.5 mid Bass + separate tweeters) with the programmable crossovers installed in a nice pair of custom boxes and a Fosgate P200-2 to power them as soon as I hook this up.
All 3 amps that are hooked up have this thing called a pass-through. Can I hook the RCA outputs from one of those pass-through to give input to the 4th amp (P200-2), while the amp is being used for powering its own set of speakers as stated above???
If I can, does this mean that the output of the amp that is being used as a passthrough, that is hooked up to, let's say, the Fosgate amp that controls the front speakers...will the new Fosgate P200-2 have the same output from the fader (not the actual wattage, but the fader)??
I guess what I'm trying to find out is, if it DOES work the way I described, and I have the front speakers fader +1 over the rears, does that mean the new speakers will have that same output (signal) as the front door speakers??
I know I only have the 3 typical outputs from my car stereo. Front L+R, Rear L+R, and Subwoofer = 3 outputs. I'm trying to hook up 4 sets of speakers with 4 amps.

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I have my Audiobahn amps hooked up the way you described.
I use the pass through on my 4ch amp to feed the input to my sub amp.
Generally speaking the pass through is exactly that.
The cascaded amplifier should receive an unfiltered "Pass Through" signal from the first amp.

The answer to your question is yes. What ever signal is going to your amp, will be passed thru, so you can daisy chain amps together with out running more RCA's from the front of the car. So if you hook up to the pass-thrus on the Fosgate 400-2 which is running the fronts, you will get the SAME signal that amp is amplifying (minus the amplifying). So your 4th amp will now be amplifying the front signals also. This is from the Fosgate manual: RCA Pass-Thru Jacks – This Pass-Thru provides a convenient source for
daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of the
vehicle to the rear amplifier location.

Last edited:
The answer to your question is yes. What ever signal is going to your amp, will be passed thru, so you can daisy chain amps together with out running more RCA's from the front of the car. So if you hook up to the pass-thrus on the Fosgate 400-2 which is running the fronts, you will get the SAME signal that amp is amplifying (minus the amplifying). So your 4th amp will now be amplifying the front signals also. This is from the Fosgate manual: RCA Pass-Thru Jacks – This Pass-Thru provides a convenient source for
daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cables from the front of the
vehicle to the rear amplifier location.

Thank you SO much!!!!

4 AMPs?

I only needed 3: a "Sinfoni 45.2" for the tweeters, a "Sinfoni 150.2" for the mid-range speakers and a "ZAPCO Studio 500" for my ALICANTE Sub.

I am using an Clarion DX-H2 headunit.
And my car is still one of the "best-playing - ARE-YOU-AUTHENTIC" - cars in Northern Germany.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• CarAudio.jpg
    CarAudio.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
I didn't NEED 4. I just wanted 4. I have a Fosgate P500-2 bridged lighting up a JL Audio 10" sub. I have a Fosgate P400-2 lighting up a pair of 6.5" front door Infinity coaxial speakers. I have a Kenwood KAC PS200T lighting up a pair of 5.25 Infinity coaxial rear side speakers, and now I have a Fosgate P200-2 powering up a pair of JL audio XR650 component speakers that I installed in the rear corners (in a small set of boxes).
It sounds incredible in my 99 Corvette Convertible. I used the pass through from the Kenwood amp and just adjusted the GAIN higher on the Fosgate P200-2 for the rear corner speakers. I now have what I was looking for, MUCH better mids and highs from the rear. The 5.25 Infinity speakers are fine as an accompanyment, but not enough to adjust the fader more towards the rear. Now I have much better balance and have the fader +1 from the rear as opposed to -2 prior to adding the rear corner speakers. There really is a HUGE difference in 6.5 vs. 5.25. The 5.25 Infinity speakers have nice highs, but 5.25 in mid bass is weak at best.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.