Amp keeps blowing fuses.HELP!!!!! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th September 2012, 12:26 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Amp keeps blowing fuses.HELP!!!!!

This is an update to a previous post so sorry for that. I have a JL 500/1 (series 1 slash) amp running a single JL 10W7.I have 8 gauge running to the amp from a dist. block that has 4 gauge from the battery. All new runs of wire.Fused at the battery and at the dist. block. Here's the issue.Amp keeps blowing 60 A. fuses. Happens aprox. 10-15 mins. into playing. Checked voltage at amp, 13.25 ish -14.00 ish. Also checed amp draw and is around 12-20 depending on bass notes.Ampa are placed on carpet in rear hatch so plenty of air flow( heat I would think should not be an issue).Any chance a defective voice coil running low impedance would be causing issue? I have not checked voice coil as of yet.I aslo noticed that when the amp/sub are operating properly,even at say 1/2 -3/4 voulume the sub seems to have a lot of "excursion", at least to me, for the music/volume being played.Maybe that is the nature of the 10W7.I also have all the input/settings on the amp at half .
Old 5th September 2012, 05:05 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Post a link to the previous thread.
Old 7th September 2012, 11:53 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

have you read the manual and set the gain with a multi-meter and tone? the amps are notoriously current hungry, not that it should be blowing the fuse. box specs?

Hide this!Advertise here!