need help with ptid-8940nrbt - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st September 2012, 09:38 AM   #1
cbowes3 is offline cbowes3  United States
diyAudio Member

Default need help with ptid-8940nrbt

i just bought a truck tonight with ptid-8940nrbt installed in it the only thing is.. it doesn't work.. lol i really suck at being technical with things i don't know very much at all with systems i can just follow diagrams to a certain extent but the dome lights wouldn't work well when i pulled the radio out the two 12v wires one is yellow and the other is red touched and the dome lights and everything turned on and the source button lit up on the head unit but when i try to press the source button to power it up it doesn't respond it won't take a cd or anything.. pleeeeeeeeeease help me i can't take driving around in silence lol i don't wanna be annoying and say i don't know **** about wiring these things up but i really don't so try to keep the details to a dumbass level for me if you could preciate ya!
Old 1st September 2012, 10:18 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

You need to separate the red and black wires and confirm that you have constant 12v on the yellow wire and switched 12v on the red wire. If you don't have this, you need to check for obvious problems like bad connections and blown fuses. If there is a blown fuse, do NOT install one rated for greater current than what is recommended on the fuse holder/location in the fuse box.
Old 1st September 2012, 08:35 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I'm re wiring now all fuses are good and it's getting power I think it's just been wired by a retard lol I'll keep you updated
Old 1st September 2012, 09:08 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Well I just finished I had the two yellow constants matching instead and the two red switched and nothing was working so I put both constant and switched together and the dome light and the source light lit up on the radio but it still won't respond
Old 1st September 2012, 10:21 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Do you have power on the red and yellow wires where they enter the back of the head unit?
Old 2nd September 2012, 12:13 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I'll have to check with a meter but would that light even come on with no power? The source/power button on the stereo

Hide this!Advertise here!