need help with ptid-8940nrbt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i just bought a truck tonight with ptid-8940nrbt installed in it the only thing is.. it doesn't work.. lol i really suck at being technical with things i don't know very much at all with systems i can just follow diagrams to a certain extent but the dome lights wouldn't work well when i pulled the radio out the two 12v wires one is yellow and the other is red touched and the dome lights and everything turned on and the source button lit up on the head unit but when i try to press the source button to power it up it doesn't respond it won't take a cd or anything.. pleeeeeeeeeease help me i can't take driving around in silence lol i don't wanna be annoying and say i don't know **** about wiring these things up but i really don't so try to keep the details to a dumbass level for me if you could preciate ya!

You need to separate the red and black wires and confirm that you have constant 12v on the yellow wire and switched 12v on the red wire. If you don't have this, you need to check for obvious problems like bad connections and blown fuses. If there is a blown fuse, do NOT install one rated for greater current than what is recommended on the fuse holder/location in the fuse box.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.