Need advise.run speaker wire or Oem - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th August 2012, 01:38 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Need advise.run speaker wire or Oem

I own a 2000 ford focus.I have a 4 channel amp that i want to wire to the door speakers.Running speaker wire can be a challenge due to the fact that the vehicle has hard connectors and not gromits..so an old pal suggested running speaker wire to the oem connectors.will i sacrifice quality doing this.he also suggested to use capacitors instead of crossovers..can anyone help or suggest any wiring diagrams???
Old 29th August 2012, 02:28 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I have an 04 civic. I put Infinity Kappas, (old skool 4ohm) 6.5s in the front doors and I'm running after market wire from a Soundstream reference to the wire harness adapter behind the Alpine Head Unit. I've got it crossed-over at 120 Hz so not too much low end gets to them. Its a rock concert! So if you want to spend the time to rewire your doors, I don't know if you will hear much difference.
Old 29th August 2012, 06:24 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90scaraudio View Post
I have an 04 civic. I put Infinity Kappas, (old skool 4ohm) 6.5s in the front doors and I'm running after market wire from a Soundstream reference to the wire harness adapter behind the Alpine Head Unit. I've got it crossed-over at 120 Hz so not too much low end gets to them. Its a rock concert! So if you want to spend the time to rewire your doors, I don't know if you will hear much difference.
Oh, electronic crossovers are normally in all newer amplifiers. You can use a bass blocker cap but I think they are only 6dB per-octive slope.

Hide this!Advertise here!