alphasonik pma2150 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th August 2012, 08:15 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default alphasonik pma2150

Sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place but i have a Alphasonik pma2150, this amp was given to me by a friend and has been worked on before. my issue is that the power supply is missing transistors q508-q513. i have no clue what these components should be and i was hoping that someone could help me find the information i need to try to fix this. thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 08:58 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

If no one can answer your question, post a photo of the board and post the value of the gate resistors that were used with the original FETs.
Old 10th August 2012, 07:10 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

i believe i have the same amp, or real similar to one of the alphasonics i have. definitely post board pics. it would be about a week before i could tell you the part in mine, though. i am unsure if there is a newer version, as they also used the pma designation in class-d amps, maybe 2ch newer as well.
Old 11th August 2012, 04:31 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I have a Alphasonik PMA2150i, which may be the same board, I should be able to get you a pic of the board and the model # of the parts in question if it is the same board. It will have to wait till Sunday, on vacation at the moment.
Old 11th August 2012, 06:06 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

looking at other pma models of the same era, the "i" seems to be re-made with a smaller power supply, which suggests it likely has different ones. it would be nice to get pics of both amps/guts. i like these ones. first real tank i abused the bageezus out of when it was just older, not "old school" had my pma2035 pulling more than 60amps continuous, and really putting it to a pair of old punch 12's don't remember what i did to it (mod) to get it to do that, but it put out a bit more than my tantrum 500. it did blow after a few months of hard playing, though. not bad for a "70"
Old 11th August 2012, 05:15 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

If I remember right, the PMA2150 is a Zed Audio amp, I could be wrong, but remember hearing that from some place. I will get you pictures of the 2150i tomorrow.
Old 12th August 2012, 06:09 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

possibly. i also have an alphasonic usa2150, that is just a usacounstics usa2150, zed made, iirc. alphasonic used to be a branch of usacoustics for a while.
Old 25th August 2012, 12:52 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

sorry i have took so long to reply back i have been busy with work and car problems. i will try to get pics of the amp up by the end of the week end. thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!