alphasonik pma2150

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place but i have a Alphasonik pma2150, this amp was given to me by a friend and has been worked on before. my issue is that the power supply is missing transistors q508-q513. i have no clue what these components should be and i was hoping that someone could help me find the information i need to try to fix this. thanks

i believe i have the same amp, or real similar to one of the alphasonics i have. definitely post board pics. it would be about a week before i could tell you the part in mine, though. i am unsure if there is a newer version, as they also used the pma designation in class-d amps, maybe 2ch newer as well.

looking at other pma models of the same era, the "i" seems to be re-made with a smaller power supply, which suggests it likely has different ones. it would be nice to get pics of both amps/guts. i like these ones. first real tank i abused the bageezus out of when it was just older, not "old school" had my pma2035 pulling more than 60amps continuous, and really putting it to a pair of old punch 12's don't remember what i did to it (mod) to get it to do that, but it put out a bit more than my tantrum 500. it did blow after a few months of hard playing, though. not bad for a "70"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.