Soundigital 8K

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you place both probes on the same speaker terminal, do you get a perfectly clean trace that is precisely on the reference line?

If you connect a dummy load to the amp, does the current draw increase?

I pulled the inductors, will check them on the lcr meter at work.

If I connect a load the amp will pull 30 amps immediately upon a signal being applied.

With both probes on the + speaker terminal I see this waveform.

2013-01-05_09-25-41_132.jpg

Scope set to Add, channel 2 inverted, 50V/div, maybe 10uS/div

Something is wrong. In differential mode, if you place the probes on the same point, the trace should not be deflected (should remain a straight line at the reference). It could be that the probes aren't matched well enough. Try placing them on a 12v DC source to see if they work properly. It could be a high-frequency response issue with one of the probes.

These and Stetsom amps are essentially the same. The Stetsom amps that I've had in the shop were all very noisy. These were the older models but I don't think that there were many improvements. If it's operating at the right frequency (likely is because it's determined by a crystal oscillator) and the output filter components are OK, I'd think that it's normal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.