Infinity 7541a problems please help - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd August 2012, 04:10 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Infinity 7541a problems please help

Alright guys here's my issue. I installed the amp and have everything run correctly. I turn on my car and the amps protect light comes on and then fades out after about five seconds and nothing else happens. I am getting 12.5 amps to the amp and the ground is valid. The fuses are also fine. What could potentially be wrong???

Bruce
Old 3rd August 2012, 07:11 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

You need to measure the DC voltage directly across the screw terminals on the amp. Monitor the voltage from just before remote voltage is applied and the time that the protect LED is illuminated. Does the voltage ever drop to below 12v?

The output transistors could be shorted but you need to confirm that you have good power connections (as described above) before you do anything else.
Old 7th August 2012, 12:36 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

also check the impedance of your speakers, alot of car amps don't like anything below 4 ohms. especiallly if you have the outputs bridged. how are your speakers conected and how many. If voltage is good and speaker impeadance is also good you have a faulty amp.

Hide this!Advertise here!