Digital Designs Z1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got this amp off a friend of mine and it appears someone tryed repairing it themselfs..

Im going to rebuild the output driverboard since it looks like a bad reapir

There is a diode missing its marked B2F any ideas on what part number that may be??

I already call DD and they have nothing on the driverboard

The diode goes between the SD pin (pin3) and the COM pin (pin4)

Attachments

• DD.JPG
    DD.JPG
    655.9 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
DD z1

I will check the part number of B2F in my Z1 and will let you know.

Could you, by any chance, figure out the zener-voltage or partnumber of diode D4 on the small PSC-029 (power supply) controller-board in the Z1?
Thanks in advance.

Wout Ram

I got this amp off a friend of mine and it appears someone tryed repairing it themselfs..

There is a diode missing its marked B2F any ideas on what part number that may be??

dd z1

I checked on my Z1:
The diode you refer to is marked D10.
The text on the housing says: ¨B22¨ (or B2Z, hard to tell).
B22 makes sense; a 22 V zener diode
B2Z doesn´t make sense to the best of my knowledge.

I tried to make a picture of the controller board so that you might be able to read component-numbers. However, that wasn´t succesful.

Wout Ram

to the OP, the pictures you posted look very similar to mine (quality wise) the amplifier has most likely been modified to prevent turn on pop, and lower the low voltage protection... hence the messy, "aftermarket" soldering ;)

imgp0345a.jpg

I have schematics for the whole amp... minus the driver board, as DD appear to have just used off the shelf items, and if they failed, would just replace the whole driver board.

Could you check for me the following values on the second controller board (the one for the power supply) of the Z1:
- typenumber or value of D4 (missing on my PCB)
- value of R22 (100 ohms on my PCB; seems rather low value)
- value of R21 (100K ohms on my PCB; seems rather high value)
- value of R3 (not the original component on my PCB)
Thanks!

D4, I THINK it's a 1N4247, I actually have two of these amps, one is in pieces, and can read 1N4* on the diode (I believe it's 1N42) but can't read the other two numbers, because of the way the diode is formed...
however, I have some photos of the other amp (it's not in my possession at the moment) but it appears to have 47 at the end of the part number :p

R22 is 100 ohm
R21 is 100k
R3? where's that on the board?

Thanks for the information!

However, 1N4247 is a regular diode while D4 has to be a zener diode.

D4 should be a zener diode of - best guess - approx. 15V.
So typenumber should be 1N4744, 1N5245, ....
Could you please be as kind as to check again?

R3 is on the edge of the PCB, just above the 6 pin connector marked X1

Attachments

• PWMprint.jpg
    PWMprint.jpg
    605.4 KB · Views: 117
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.