STA543SA Class A/B Triple Amplifier - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th July 2012, 06:27 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default STA543SA Class A/B Triple Amplifier

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum if i make any mistake please correct me... I've built an Amplifier for my car. The Ic i'm using is STA543SA, I choose this particular IC cos i have 4.1 channel creative sound system, recently i opened it and saw this Ic. I really love the sound quality and effect it gives out. So i got the DATASHEET and made ALL the connections but its not working and there's couple of things that i'm not getting...
1) There's test board and evaluation board in the datasheet, I've built evaluation board and is that okay?
2) It has a stand-by with 3 pin, dont know how it works!
3) There's an extra 5v that's been given to DC VOLUME CONTROL (2) ! I don't know why, in that one 100k control puts out spark and heating up too much, its getting shorted inside i guess...
Can anyone please please help me with this....?
Old 25th July 2012, 07:59 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

The evaluation schematic should be OK to use for testing. It may require modification for use in a car.

The standby pin must be driven high (to a 5v or greater source) via a 10k ohm resistor. The voltage on the standby pin must be greater than 3.5v for the IC to produce output.

If the pot is getting hot, it's not wired correctly.
Old 26th July 2012, 12:46 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Babin View Post
The evaluation schematic should be OK to use for testing. It may require modification for use in a car.

The standby pin must be driven high (to a 5v or greater source) via a 10k ohm resistor. The voltage on the standby pin must be greater than 3.5v for the IC to produce output.

If the pot is getting hot, it's not wired correctly.
Thank you for your reply, here's the image how they have instructed to connect. I've wired it correctly.. Look at the pic and please let me know what you think. (In the pic) Those two legs are connected to each other and they've given +5ve.[IMAGE]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture 13_1.jpg (27.7 KB, 52 views)
Old 26th July 2012, 02:53 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I had made some mistakes in circuit, i fixed it and finally got the output. Still haven't tested on my car battery. But the Volume control problem still exist! i'm just not following why they have given 5V for control and why its getting short. Both BASS control and L/R control's are not working..
So if any one out there who can solve this please do help...
Old 26th July 2012, 07:43 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

If this is the back side if the pot, the top pin goes to ground. The bottom pin to 5v and the center pin goes to the volume control pin of the IC. No pins for any individual section of the pot are supposed to be connected together.
Old 26th July 2012, 10:59 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Sorry I dint get it... Top pin - Ground, Bottom pin - 5v, center pin - volume control pin. So other 2 pin for the resister as i've shown in the pic? Please reply...
Old 26th July 2012, 10:59 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

The pot only has 3 legs per section.
Old 27th July 2012, 08:16 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

I did what you said but the control is not working, I even tried using 10k control but no use.
Do you know any other IC or Circuit only to enhance BASS!! ??
Old 27th July 2012, 07:37 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Do this...

Place the black probe on the ground terminal of the pot. Touch the red probe to the 5v terminal of the pot. You should read 5v DC. Touch the red probe to the center terminal of the pot and operate the pot through its entire range. You should read values from 0v DC to 5v DC as you adjust the pot.

Hide this!Advertise here!