Hifonics BRZ2400.1D No Output...Used to be in Protect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well the sound is not a straight frequency tone. There is a very little variation in tone if you put your ear in the speaker. If you walk away you don't realize it. I can try to make a video/sound clip of it as I turn it off and turn it on if my mic can pic it up.

But I am a little curious why it's making the noise because before the amp blew, it never made that type of noise when I used the same testing equipment.

I will install in the car right now and see what happens. For testing, I was using a battery that was sitting around playing low power with battery at 11.9 volts

I just finished hooking it up in my car and the sound wasn't there at all and I pushed the amp hard and did not go into protect! Weird how my test bench produced a sound. I will throw it in my other vehicle and confirm. Thank you so much Perry! I will come back if something goes wrong.

So I had thought that I fixed my amp but a week ago I went ahead and installed it for the first time since the repair and it plays but goes into protect regardless low/medium/high volumes. I haven't opened the amp yet but I was wondering if you think my driver board has bad transistors like you mentioned in the earlier posts?

I opened the amp and all fets on the sides are good. I hooked it up on my test bench with my two 8 inch subwoofers at 4 ohms using RCA to 3.5mm audio jack. I was pplaying the amp as loud as my subs can take it which I clamped out about 300 watts going to the subs.

Weird thing is that I am playing it moderately for long periods of time and it never went into protect. But when I play it in my car it goes into protect at low moderate levels...Does it have to do with the Driver board and/or the fact that my head unit is giving the amp 4 volts preout? Please let me know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.