MTX Thunder 81001

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
While 81001 was on and playing at low volume, it made a loud popping, started smoking, and shut off.

Opened up the case to find FET112 FET110, FET106, FET105, FET111, FET109, and D401 all got burned out.

Basically I am needing to know if anyone has a full schematic of the mvp171-c board?

I need it because the D401 erector is no longer readable.

Does this sound fixable? Or does anyone know the cause?

Thanks

It's likely repairable as long as the board isn't burned badly.

I don't have a schematic diagram for the amp.

Sometimes electronic components fail randomly. The failure of a single component can sometimes cause many other components to fail. Many times, a tiny wire strand (from someone stripping wires close to the amp) can get into just the wrong place and cause catastrophic failure of the amp.

D401 is marked 831B which should be an 18v diode. If the diode opened to allow more voltage across it, the opto-couplers have likely failed also. It's also possible that it caused the failure of the output transistors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.