New Kenwood speakers distorted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 2005 pathfinder and I recently bought some kenwood tweeters and door speaker. After installing them I noticed that at mid or high level the speaker as well as the tweeters make a cracking-popping sound. I don't know exactly what happen. I double checked the wires to see of they were properly connected and it all looks good. Does anyone have an idea whats happening here?

Were there speakers installed where you installed the new speakers?

If so, did they play cleanly?

Are you sure that you're not simply driving the amplifier into clipping? Most head units will distort well before max volume is reached.

Are you driving this with the head unit or an external amp?

Do you have the proper crossover components on the door speakers and tweeters?

It would appear so. Before going out to buy another one, you should disconnect the speakers from it (at the head unit, insulating each wire individually) and connect a single speaker to each channel with a short length of wire to see if the popping remains. If it doesn't, it could be the wiring (2 speaker wires shorting together, one or more speaker wires shorted to ground...).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.