Stereo keeps shutting down

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I'm new here at the forum, so don't know if it's the right place to post this thread.

But I have a question about a stereo me and some of my friends built for a festival last year. It worked very well during the first couple of days, but we didn't use that excessively.When we tried to put together some bigger parties and played louder and for a longer time, it either "shut down" or sounded like when you pull out the jackstick for your earphones half way out of your ipod (if you see what i mean). We think it can be something with the amp overheating of some sort, but are not sure. And if it is that, can you guys help out with some kind of solution?

Thanks

Oh okay, we are not that skilled, so we went to a car electronics shop (cause we needed a car stereo and speakers) and happened to get help from one of the guys who worked there, so he basically sold us what we needed and told us how to "assemble" it. So basically the amp is the amp and car radio are wired to the battery (if I remember it correctly) and the speakers and subwoofer are wired to the amp of course. So we don't have a schematic per se, but I can try to figure it out, so you get all the info you need.

The fix for a broken shield will vary so you need to see if that's the problem before any suggestions are made.

To keep the amp cool, you need to make sure that it's driving a safe impedance and you need to get good airflow over the amp. If the amp is in an enclosure, a fan will help. A fan pulling air from outside the enclosure then blowing onto the amp will provide the best cooling.

Ok, I'll give it a try and get back if it is a shield problem.

Allright, beacuse we tried to drill some holes into the "box" we made, so it could get some air, but of course it is not enough. Can you somehow get electricity to the fan only via the car battery (or stereo).

Yeah it was at times, and then it started to sound like we had turned on a pocket radio (if there was any sound at all), but as mentioned we also experienced the amp not being that hot and still the sound was crap. But was it possible to attach the fan to a battery or in some other way, because we want to transport our stereo around the festival area and not experience the sound failures.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.