memphis st1500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is the 7915 operating at a significantly higher temperature than the 7815?

Did you insert a 1 ohm resistor between the output leg of the 7915 and the board and measure the voltage across that resistor to determine if the current being drawn was more than the regulator is rated for? This is covered under item #26 of the audio troubleshooting page of the DVD.

Look at the BP1200.1 schematic diagram in the JBL folder. The circuit is almost identical to this one. As you can see, there is very little that can draw current through the 1381 with the a1023 out of the circuit. The schematic has an error. It shows a direct connection between the base and emitter of the 1381 and also shows them going to ground.

I'm assuming that the 120 resistor that you're referring to corresponds to R233 and R333 on the JBL diagram.

my big pc died a while ago and took my hard drive with it that i had the dvd on. so i have to but it again....here is a old picture of the one i worked on a long time ago. that blue 121 120 ohm resistor is the one that keeps burning up.

Attachments

• IMAG0029.jpg
    IMAG0029.jpg
    734.6 KB · Views: 67
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.